Sunday, November 16, 2008

R & R- His Way

R & R. Rest & Receive. That is what Father has called us to. That is what the Father is laying on my heart. Rest and Receive. Just come to Him. Stop striving and receive from Him. Oh why do I need to constantly learn this? Over so many things how quickly I start striving & trying to work things out. Christ doesn't want it to be that way - He wants us to come instead to Him and receive.

He can touch every kind of situation with Christ. Stop striving and just rest & receive from Christ. He is the supply. Hasn't He been my supply ? (Yes, He has) Father is deeply committed to us all. He will use 'all things' to the end that Christ is formed within. It's amazing that God has given us such abundant life (R&R) through Jesus Christ!


What I hear Father saying to me over and over is to simply "come" to Him. He has called me & chosen me, and He is the one who is working within the character of His Son. I cannot produce this, only Christ can. Knock knock on my thick head. : ) why do I always think I can? I can find a million things that beset my day and that need my attention, and even though I know that my heart is set on Him, I find myself still striving. I need to have some R & R, and simply trust He is working in me - what He wants worked out of me.

Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matt 11:28


2 comments:

a said...

We all suffer from the same disease. Ruth. Its called "works" and we all need freedom/deliverance from it.

The Chritian grace walk is all about 'receiving'. Its soooo easy and just yet so hard to do.

We are taught from our first steps to 'use you heads', or "where are your brains", or "where are your common sense", or "think logically boy". I have realised as a father with grown children it was the wrong thing to say. I should have used the phrase, 'what do you hear the Holy Spirit saying to you?"

The phrase "Let go and let God have His way" makes sense now!

Ruth said...

Lennart,
Thanks for your reply.

I find that I am the one who is the most difficult (or hardest) with myself. I find it easier to afford others 'grace' than I do myself.

God Bless !