Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Having His Heartbeat

I have always wanted to be around people who really love Jesus. You can tell when you have met or found someone such as that, who deeply loves Him, because when you are with them, He is who they want to talk about. I personally have been so blessed to meet so many people such as that. They are all unique & different in some ways, but so similar and deep in their love & passion for Christ. Their eyes glimmer & light up as they share their love & passion for Him freely with you. Words are not even necessary, you can actually feel it when you are with them! Experiencing the deep exchange of life on the inside that Christ brings so generously one can't help but share that life (His heart) with others.

What a great heart He has given His people, the body of Christ. It's His heart. Paul had His heart & he understood that it was Christ's heart beating inside of him, and to Paul that was everything. He would not ever consider carelessly hurting a sister or brother in Christ because He had Christ's heart. I have seen people, and I, myself, have carelessly wounded others without fully realizing and taking into consideration, that not only is Christ in me, but Christ is also living in them. Should we/ I offend & wound the very heart of God in others so carelessly?

I think along those lines, church isn't something we figure out, it's a heart. I mean, it's simple. It's His heart. If you have His heart, fully & completely, we are joined to Him. And His great Heart is joining us to others. We can see the 'church' a product of His heart joining us to others.
We are one of another not because of religious persuasions, denominational perspectives but simply because of His heart.

have a great day !

5 comments:

a said...

Oh Ruth, You expose your heart for Jesus so beautifully in your blog. :) Jesus is so special isn't He!

I am so thrilled that you wrote church with a small (lower case)"c" in your piece. Yes, Yes, Yes, I have just had a refresher course from the Holy Spirit. I have realised that both Church and church are both God ideas and are good. We have messed them up.

Bless you and keep writing.

Maureen said...

Beautiful Ruth. He gives us a new heart, His heart. A heart that now sees and hears and reacts like He does. Well, hopefully. My own ticker keeps on getting in the way of His heartbeat way too often.

Love you,
Maureen

Anonymous said...

Ruth,
Beautiful post! I'm so happy that Papa has given you some wonderful brother and sisters whom you share the rhythms and pulses of your heartbeats with! Indeed, such people are truly blessings.

I love what you said here: "Experiencing the deep exchange of life on the inside that Christ brings so generously one can't help but share that life (His heart) with others...What a great heart He has given His people, the body of Christ. It's His heart. Paul had His heart & he understood that it was Christ's heart beating inside of him..."

Blessings,
~Amy :)
Author of "Orphaned Into Belonging"
http://www.lulu.com/content/4781677
http://amyiswalkinginthespirit.blogspot.com

Ruth said...

Lennart,
Yes Jesus is truly the desire of my heart - Jesus wants to live in every fibre of our being and fill us full. Sometimes I am not sure what to say or what I have to say, so thanks for encouraging me once again.

Maureen,
Me too - I know what you mean. His heart is so beautiful esp when we see it in terms of a struggle against our flesh / bad attitudes / etcc. Thank you Father for loving us and giving us a new heart & deepening our desire Lord for more of your beautiful heart in each other.

Ruth

Ruth said...

Amy,
thanks, girl! yes He is so beautiful ! beautiful in others!