Saturday, November 22, 2008

Process vs Christ

I was wondering what to post on lately as I seem a bit stalled, (which is okay) but one thing that I thought I could post on is about the change that I have noticed since leaving the institution (2002) directly related to my own relationship with Christ. The biggest freedom I have experienced is that I have no interest at all in the religious process(es) to achieve anything, to be anything, or do anything. I am simply completely content to have and enjoy my relationship with Him. It is not defined by any process. It is defined instead by the living Christ who lives in me. Christ is a person and not a process.

In retrospect, I noticed that there is a continual preoccupation within the camp of religion with the
process. It seems everything according to religion is defined by the 'process' necessary to get where ever one needs to go. Whether it's to get wealthy, get healthy, successful, happy, or even figure out what God's will is, it seems there is a formula that is available that one can access that will guarantee the result one is seeking. Unfortunately this bypasses the central Truth that Christ lives in us, that He is with us, caring deeply at every level & step along the way, from simply where we are - to where He wants to take us.

I believe and am thankful that God in Christ wanted to interrupt this nonsense in my own life because He simply wanted me to be completely fulfilled in Christ alone & that His Son would reign in the deepest part of my heart. That I would just rely on Him. To take away the preoccupation with all the necessary do's, don'ts process so that I can truly relax and look at Christ.

This of course does not happen in one day, or one moment, but it is a constant inclination of the heart towards Him that He brings slowly, repeatedly, day upon day.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Well, if there is a process, it's called sanctification, and it happens exactly as you described in your last paragraph:

"it is a constant inclination of the heart towards Him that he brings slowly, repeatedly, day upon day."

That's the only "process" we need to think about. Forget all the rest, as you say.

Good one Ruth.

Ruth said...

Thanks Maureen!