Thursday, April 10, 2008

that Christ be formed from within

I am going through some things at the moment where I am encouraged, yet also struggling. It's interesting to me how one can learn to move like "fluid" with the Spirit in that place, without resisting let's say, but letting trust and love weave, work and carry us. I do not see things from a spiritual perspective the way I used to, in a religious sense. I am learning to see that God has created all things and that He is continually operating to move us closer into the realm of living abundantly and peacefully in Him. Oneness. He wants every care and concern that we face to rest on His shoulders. I see things delicate, as in the sense of the weaving of the Spirit in our midst, in our heart, that there is a pureness in all of that that becomes formed within us like pure silver.

I have been standing back lately as I see the degree of depth of Christ formed in my oldest daughter. I see a foundation in her that is solid and sure: it amazes me. That I as her parent can observe Christ's nature and character formed so much in her! That I can simply continue to speak into her life encouragement, hope and know that she is sustained by Him and operating thru His Spirit .. that she has a relationship with Jesus that is more real than any other and is the foundation on which she is living her life. As she deals with trials, uncertainties, as she tries to understand what direction to pursue for her life.

In myself let's say at this moment I do not see such a great depth but I see more of a struggle. A struggle to continually rely on Him and not get lost in my own emotion of to stay rigid and not in a state of life, moving, relying and living completely in Him. I think that we are meant to have certain seasons in our life , that somehow they take on a slightly different feel to us but they all work towards the completely permanent and deep residence of His Spirit each and everyday.

Even as He laid down His life, He has set us free to live in a place of rest yet constant growth and movement in Him. Underneath it all there is constant purpose that is being worked out in us, and more and more we get glimpses of it , of the freedom and of the overwhelming joy that we feel because we belong to Him !

2 comments:

Rich said...

Ruth,

It is a wonder seeing His life being formed in another slife, especially our children.

As far as the struggle goes, imo I see Life His Life springing forth out of the strain-struggles we face .
I have always loved a comment by Os Chambers; 'God doesn't give us overcoming Life, but gives us Life as we (struggle-strain) overcome!'

Ruth said...

oh yeah I think that I remember that actually now that u mention it. It's like he wants us to totally rely on His grace , not a great big truckload of it but a continual moment by moment giving . Grace for the moment I guess :)