Thursday, April 24, 2008

God's love reaching to where it needs to be

I just wanted to share something with you, it might be a bit hard to explain, but I want to give it a good go! so bear with me please.

I have been truly experiencing God's transformation by His love. The difference from where I have been before, to where I am now, is that it's His love right in the very midst. Right down where it needs to be. Where it needs to go. It's deeper than what I have known. His love way beyond a religious sense. His love more real than anything. His love going right where it needs to go.

I think the main reason I personally struggled for a long time to understand His love was that in many ways, I was always filtering His love through my particular religious filter. Instead of seeing His love and experiencing His love for what it truly is, I was trying instead to see it through a filter of what I understood or perceived it to be. Until that filter was destroyed, my perception of His love was very limited & would only go so far. (not far enough) With a religious filter in place, it was a very small portion of how deep and how wide it truly is and can be. Does that make sense?

To try to explain it a bit further, (or confuse you, I hope not) I will give you an example. I was talking over a health concern with my daughter tonight, and the religious side of me wanted to think all kinds of things. Crazy I know : ) The religious side of me wanted to look at the situation in a different way, in a religious way, that, had I not picked up on it, I would have completely missed out on the heart of God right then and there in that moment. In fact my daughter helped me to see that I was veering off in a religious direction. She with God's Spirit re-directed me to where God's love and heart indeed was, and wanted to go. Religion always makes us so hard and so stiff, whereas the Spirit and God's love together makes us soft, opened, and responsive. Religion can easily be explained and rationalized as proper and as true, but the heart of God and His love takes us on such a different and deeper journey. A journey of a love dependency upon Him ...

WE have all been in painful situations or difficult moments let's say, and someone rattles off a scripture. I have rattled off my share of scripture! : ) The intent may be well meaning, but overall, it comes off often as nothing but religious. Religious and sadly missing the heart of God and the opportunity that's right there, to convey His heart to another. When we hurt or we struggle, we often know exactly what the scriptures say, don't we? Sometimes this helps us, and sometimes it doesn't. What we really need most of all is care, concern, peace, love, gentleness ...to get us through it delicately so that we will come out of it, knowing He has been with us and manifested Himself deeply to us. It's true religion looks @ the end product but God looks at the process and wants to be life to us, in the process of getting us from where we are to where He wants us to be. Yes, He is interested in the end result, but just if not more interested in the process, and how we are going to perceive Him know Him experience Him live in Him as we get where we are to where we need to be. To me that is the true love of the Father.

*Yes He will work it all out for good* (Romans 8) But above all, what I have tried to say here is that God's unfailing love is what He wants to minister to His people, right here, right now. Perhaps we might think we need to be somewhere other than what God is really saying. Let's find Him to be all that we need right where we are at. In this very moment. The great failure I see is to ignore the very real heart of God in the midst of what is happening, to instead quote scripture, be right, be smart, whatever. God never takes anything lightly that concerns His children. He cares very much for each of us and wants to be right there with us, as our Father.

God's love, reaching to where it truly needs to be!

2 comments:

Rich said...

The religious side of me wanted to look at the situation in a different way, in a religious way, that, had I not picked up on it, I would have completely missed out on the heart of God right then and there in that moment. In fact my daughter helped me to see that I was veering off in a religious direction.

I so enjoyed your blog entry here Ruth, wonderful He is.
In my opinion that residual religious crud/stuff is with us until we go to BE with our Father. I am seeing more and more how so much of what seems to be a hindrance, that which plagues us and so wanting Father to remove it from us is but wishful naive thinking.
Meaning, for me I am seeing that it is these things that form the setting in which His life is being FULLY formed within us, or as Oz Chambers says, 'He doesn't give us over coming life, but, Life as we over come.'

For what its worth from my perspective the on going training that Father has undertaken in my life is directed in and through His intense and passionate love for me, but as that Love is displacing those unseen deeply lodged/rooted and hidden fears within my soul, I am beginning to see how it is possible/normal to live out of my spirit union rather than from my carnal-soulishness, as I like to illustrate, 'The tail shaking the dog.'

Blessings to you,
Rich

Ruth said...

Rich thanks for replying. I like what you shared about living out that love but I am not there in the way you are , but I might be on my way! This is such a different place for me . Hard to explain. I want simply to be directly connected to HIm and maintain that intimacy in the way He wants. I guess I am just going to have to trust that He is going to work it out and get me where He wants me. It seems 'wrong' to let go of the things I am holding on too or unsure about ? It's funny how you can post or blog about something but God it seems is always in the process of working it out. So in other words, what I am meaning is I can read my blogs and then re-read them and think wow or "what was that again Lord?" lol Rich check out the blog, "losing my religion" on my links, see what you think, he has got some good stuff there. GBY