Thursday, January 1, 2009

Gratefulness, Contentment & Peace in HIM

Hello everyone and of course Happy New Year!

I was being reflective last night, thinking back over the year and feeling much gratefulness rise up in my heart over God's goodness to me.

My hope is that this warm gratefulness would continue to find it's way deep in my heart, and in yours too.

Along with being grateful is a sense of contentment in Him, knowing that Father has been with me, never leaving me. Ultimately He is truly taking us from where we are to where we need to be, the direction and plan's for our lives are all in place. This brings great peace to me as well as for those I know and love. We are all where we are. The good news seems to be that Father is loving us deeply and working in us and through His plan which includes a continuing marveling at the depth of His grace.

I hope to find myself this year caught up deeper in this attitude of gratefulness and contentment.

And thank you to each of you for the smiles and lovely imprints that you have left
in my heart.

4 comments:

kc bob said...

Happy 2009 Ruth!

Ruth said...

Hey Bob, thanks and all the very best for you as well ! Peace, contentment and grateful hearts in Him .

Ike said...

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

Jesus gets personal with us. There is Jesus, there is you and me, and he is inviting us over to him. We need no mediator. He is the mediator. We come to him personally, directly, immediately, as we are. He says, "Come to me." We say, "Here I come."

He gives incentives. One, the "me" we come to is Jesus himself. Nothing to fear there. Two, he will give us rest. We don't earn it. He gives it. He promises to give it. And deeply, too, right down to our souls. Three, his heart is gentle and lowly. The more we experience him, the more we experience this. His heart is not touchy, not sullen, not resentful, not haughty. The Son of God came down as an egoless nobody to make friends with self-important people like us, and he has not changed. Four, his yoke is easy and his burden is light. Jesus is the easiest person in the universe to get along with. He does not impose burdens; he lifts them away. We are the difficult ones, the tense ones, the prickly ones, the hard-to-please ones, the nothing-is-ever-good-enough ones. But Jesus -- he just melts in your mouth.

Ruth said...

Oh Ike you have such a wonderful way with words. there's nothing i can say here or that should be said because you expressed something beautiful to me there in your comment!

!!