Monday, July 14, 2008

The one thing I know and can grow & count on, His love; Knowledge fades away but love, His love, abides forever



I am not really into blogging these days (summer I guess or probably I don't have anything to say) I was up to Whitney for a few days and I am just getting used to being home - I would rather be there all summer. LOL.

But what a pure joy it is to know Him and love Him and be loved by Him. Summer, winter, fall, spring. That is something we can always say, and shout and always count on, and tell the whole world!

On that note, I have been thinking the last few days along the lines of how there is one thing we know - one thing we can count on - His love. Knowledge will fade away, but love, His love, will abide forever.

I was thinking that we should always be careful in our quest for knowledge and how easy it can be to fall into such a trap as seeking knowledge rather than love. I have people who send me emails with all sorts of doctrines, concordance references, detailed meanings.. you get the point, or rather, it's they that are trying to make a point. But is it a point for Jesus on how lovely He is and how much he loves, how much he embraces and cherishes and oversees His lovely people ? and this long before we arrive on the scene? I don't think so. The Holy Spirit wants to live and have His way in all things in all of us. Why is it hard to really grasp that, why is it that we all want to do His job for Him. He is ever more devoted to you, I, and His people than we could ever hope to be - and as much as I think I can do so much and should do His job for Him, He is much better at it.

Again it's worth repeating if not for anyone's sake but my own, we simply do not know what we think we know, have known, might know, and as such, we certainly do not know the degree of love and abiding care the Lord has over all His children, ie how the Lord has worked & spoken into a person's life and heart, year by year, even such as our own. He is just so lovely.

I want to learn this and it's my hope that the longer I walk with Jesus, that I will find this gaining a sincere place in my own heart. That I will come to realize that I know far less that I thought I knew, here's hoping that would be true, and because of that, the focus is not what I know or do not know. He is the focus.

Perhaps the more you and I could travel and go along in this direction of sincerity reigning in our own hearts, the more we might discover of how lovely He truly is , ,, simply put, that is why love, His love, is so wonderful. That is one thing I know that we can grow in and count on.

Knowledge fades away but love abides forever. I want to go this way and I realize that ultimately, it is a place of weakness to actually let the Spirit do always what He wants and the way He wants . Meanwhile, that we wouldlet ourselves be quietly and patiently consumed in Him. He is all in all. It's never about being right, it's about being like Him. I know that you want this as I do.

2 comments:

Rich said...

Ruth,

I loved your heart longings here, so powerful is Papa's love for us!

Here is something I thought you might like.

Richard


If you have received Him then whether you know it or not your life is the out flowing life of the Living God in your world - with no effort, planning, scheming, etc., required on your part. He does hidden miracles every step you take, because you are His temple where He has taken up residence in liberty and love by hiding the limitless fullness of Himself in your weak frail human frame.

Ruth said...

Thanks Rich and it's good to see you. Your right I did like that - Oh the boundless Christ in us! Lord, give us deeper understanding and revelation of your depths in us all, ... oh that the depths of our understanding would truly be enlightened ...