Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Right Direction

It seems to me that every once in a while we need to check our God- given road map and make sure we are headed off in the right direction. There are so many avenues that come are way, and courses that we may / think we should or could take, but if we are not cautious, we too may very easily veer off quickly in the wrong direction, and before we know it we will be way off course. We will humbly need to 'stop' and ask directions so we can return & stay the course!

Clearly we are warned of deception in the last days. Clearly. Yet so many seem indifferent to the" repeated" warnings that are present in scripture! Are they/ am I so accurate in my theology that I/we do not need to heed them? They are there for a reason, for all of us, for all to take heed to. We need the warnings of scripture - and clearly the Father knew that we would need them, ..for he repeated them several times..!! It's like the Father is saying - "If you didn't get it the first time, child, I will repeat it here for you again". Also, if there were hundreds of false prophets in the O.T. and as well in the time of the apostles and early disciples as indicated scripturally, how much more do we in these days need to heed the fact that they are indeed as well present today, and as such, continue to lead people unknowingly astray. (Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world) If John could say this then, that many false prophets at that time had gone out in the world, how much more could it be said today? Yet it is surprising to me that with such warnings evident in scripture, people ignore warnings to test everything, and assume for example, that just because it's supernatural, just because it's Christian, or just because it's God, it's therefore God indeed. Why not test with scripture ? Why not? What's the problem ? If it's indeed from God, and we are convinced it is, then what's the problem ? Why not keep from deception? Listen God is all wise and all knowing and if He said it, it is for our admonition and spiritual good and growth. Remember Jesus said they will come to you in sheep's clothing , .. I am thinking they very well will have a Bible in their hands !

Take for example the issue of pride. I think it's one of the top reasons why people think they don't need to test anything. They lack humility to the Word of God. The Word of God is not going to change for anyone! I have noticed that if people are easily offended by what is said when it is only in concern for another, it's plain and simple, it's pride that causes people to abruptly be offended. If they are confident in Christ and their relationship and that they are on course, they won't be offended. Instead they will joy, thankfulness, and they will have a good fruit basket to turn around and share with others, even in those moments. It's pride that causes people to not feel that they can ever be deceived and to be arrogant and unloving to others, but most of all, it's pride that people don't heed the scriptures. Soon off track, they will realize that God is all wise all knowing and humbly they will return and forsake their foolishness. As servants of him, we all to know that this is ongoing in us all and we are therefore not easily angered to these kinds of things, but instead we are humbled greatly in respect of truly understanding not only our own need, but the needs of others.

I once heard a preacher say something I will never forget. Words to definitely live by! He said something like this:

"Listen, I could be wrong.."

He was not discounting what he had said, he was saying that he was only sharing from the Light of what God had given him, and that he was being careful not to go beyond that. He was saying that he trusted the Lord to guide ALL , including himself, where He needed or someone needed added Light to the Truth. This is a good attitude to have in regards to ourselves and one another.

In my understanding he was very wise and knowing - but interestingly, it was those three words that revealed his true character to me ! This because, when I heard him say that, I realized (with joy) that the reason he had been given so much understanding (Light) was not because he was any different than anyone else, but because he kept that simple right attitude nestled within himself - He was aware of how greatly dependant and needy he was for God and God alone, to continually keep him and guide Him...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there thanks for coming across my blog. Actually I got lazy applying it on my back because that was experiment if white spots are birthmarks or skin yeast but I have them since birth was just conscious that as I grow they grow and spreaded too.

In your case I would suggest to see a dermatologist because you're right our face has sensitive skin.Thanks and have a good night.

Anonymous said...

Ruth,
I want to suggest something to you. While the Bible is an authority, the real and best authority is Holy Spirit. As you know, there are a lot of "interpretations" of the Bible. Most interpretations are wrong. In any two interpretations that disagree, at most one can be right. They may both be wrong. From this interpretation problem we get all the denominations and their differing doctrines. Holy Spirit does not give one doctrine to one denomination and another doctrine to another denomination. I do not depend on my interpretation of the Bible or on the interpretation or doctrine of any pastor, teacher, or denomination. I depend on Holy Spirit and Him alone. I read the Bible, and I know the Bible reasonably well, but when I want to understand it, I must depend on Holy Spirit. He knows everything. There is a lot of what God wants to tell us that is not in the Bible. We must depend on our relationship with Him to know what He is teaching that is not in the Bible. For example, I bought a new car about a year ago. I didn't need a new car as my old '82 Mercedes diesel could have run another 10 years. But He wanted me to buy a new car, so I did. Could I have gotten that direction from the Bible? It is a relationship with Him that allows us to know on a minute by minute basis what His will is for us that is important. Knowing the Bible is good and necessary, but never believe that you can understand it without Holy Spirit. Without Holy Spirit, understanding the Bible becomes an intellectual exercise.

Ruth said...

I am not sure how your comment is appicable servoguy but thanks anyhow for dropping by and commenting. God Bless you in your love and devotion to Jesus!