Saturday, May 10, 2008

God's Heart is for You & I

(quote) page 90
"Come Away My Beloved"

"Be Not Afraid"

O My child, rest in Me,
Yea, quietly settle down in My care, as a bird settles in a nest.
For I am watching over thee, and in love will I care for thee.

There is no danger with which I am unable to cope.
There is no enemy too formidable for Me to handle
I am able to carry out all My purposes, and to keep thee
at the same time.

Be not afraid: neither allow terror to strike at thy heart.
My power is at thy disposal.
My presence standeth round about thee,
and nothing can harm thee so long as ye are in My care,
and that is forever . . . . . . . (end quote)

Wow, to think that God encompasses all about and watches over us with such fierce love and concern for us. Reading this, you can't help but be aware of God's tenderness and devotion to us, His children. The apple of His eye. Momentary concerns, fleeting fears, uncertainties, they seem to dissipitate as I read this. "In love will I care for thee". "quietly settle down in my care". How soothing is that, our soul can be at rest in the wonderful tender care of our Father.

"No danger with which I am unable to cope". Notice, he says with which "I" am able to cope. He is saying the battle forever belongs to Him, not to us.

"No enemy too formidable for Me to handle." Again, God is saying to us that if we are facing enemies, he regards them as up against the Father, so to speak, not us.

"My power is at thy disposal."

"My presence standeth round about thee."

"Nothing can harm thee as long as ye are in My care."

Talk about a dramatic shift that I need and have often needed - my circumstances may not change, or may slowly change over time, but my faith can't help but be renewed, and grow, soaring in the keeping and unfailing presence and love of our Father. Is there anything that He has not factored in that we have need of? I think He has lovingly completely covered every distress that might come our way. As we continually draw on this kind of reality, that our Father is ever near and deeply devoted, continually to us, we can find true constant peace and hope. Peace that He gives. We are secure in Him and He is with us, ever with us, goes before us, and never shall He ever leave our side.

I know that this is one truth that I will need to feast on, over and over and over. As life twists, turns, speeds up, slows down for you and I, the only answer that ever will be necessary, is Christ. The great lover of our soul. He is all in all. Truly the beginning and the end.

2 comments:

Rich said...

Ruth,

I use to read Come Away My Beloved frequently many years ago now and loved it and its sister books that followed that one.

In reading what you shared here these following thoughts were stimulated.

Blessings to you as you discover in an ever greater dimension His intense love for you.


The intent and focus of our Father's heart and affections are addressed to-wards our need, and that need above all and everything else is to KNOW-EXPERIENCE His love, that is what we were recreated for.
To this end He ever works. His focus is pure, it is focused without any distractions. Its not our fears, our sense of shame or anything else that moves Him ever forward in this divine romance, wooing our cold lost hearts into the security and warmth of His forever loving heart for us.

His gaze is intense, it looks far past my faults/sins and sees my need, and that need is to KNOW some of the depth and intensity of His love 4-me!!
This is the only thing that matters, coming to see that even my ability to respond to all and anything related to His love for me is but His grace actively working in me.

I am seeing ever more clearly that without Papa and His love for me, my life will be defined by something, I was created to be complete in having worth, value, significance, but that will only be possible as a result of experiencing His pure intense jealous love for me.
There are no vacuums, without knowing, experiencing daily His love, I will be either conformed to this worlds currency, performance based living, or I will be transformed into His likeness and image, and that option is totally possible only because of BEING Loved.

Ruth said...

thank you sincerely for your comment. I really need to discover a deeper dimension of His love for me as I am truly like a child. I so easily stray from Him but I am so thankful that as you said, "His focus is pure, it is focused without any distractions. Its not our fears, our sense of shame or anything else that moves Him ever forward in this divine romance. His forever loving heart for us." wow I need to grasp that and meditate on that today. ty for reminding me of these things - it was from the Lord. that He is looking past my faults, and that His grace is being poured out for me to effectually keep me in the palm of His hand. Truly that is the only thing that matters, that we may "apprehend" and together be praying and believing in that great work of grace in us, through us, and all around us on behalf of others. GBY Rich your a blessing to me