Monday, May 19, 2008

Go Where we Need to Go, Be what we Need to Be, Do what we Need to Do

Oh My.   I listened to this podcast and this so described where I seem to be this week.  I LOVED listening to this simply because he took things a step further for me - a step further from where I was at his week (where he was  at too : ) ) to where I / he need to be.

to follow Jesus
to go where we truly need to go
           to do what we need to do  
   to letting Him work it out. 

His heart is always for us ...  letting him truly work in our heart to examine how subtely the "self" takes over.  As self takes over, we lose sight of why He came, and why He calls us.  To pour out our lives for others.  The answer is getting out of our selfish worlds and pouring our lives out for the hurting, the outcast, the downtrodden.  The answer is not waiting for a revival to happen somewhere, or a visitation, a conference or a special speaker to arrive, or a movement in this or that place.  WE simply need His heart in the here and now.   We need it now, right now, where we are at.  And the good news is that it is available for us!  

His description of where he was at last week (he described it as a very numb place in regards to this thing we call "Christianity").  Boy I could witness to that one!   He, as I, out of this numb place, still need God's grace deeply and lavishly to see what we need to see about ourselves and where we are at in all of that.  Are we being selfish ?  Are we becoming religious by digging our heels in ?  Or are we staying in tune spiritually, filled with His Spirit and continuing to have a depth and a hunger that compels us to be Him whereever, whenever, to whomever.   Humility is the key, as said in this podcast.  Humility in hope that He keep us and compel us to  stay rightly connected with Him.  

I want to get back to who Jesus really TRULY is and what He really taught !  Get back to His simple commands and the desires that are continually on His heart for mankind.  He said, to "Come follow Me."  I want to follow Him and I need to get on track and stay on track and not dig my heels in so that I don't lose sight of Christ's love and purpose on behalf of others.  It's so easy to get blind and numb when we see the nonsense and selfishness of others but the only way out of that is to examine our own hearts and see what is truly going on inside of us.   
So that we can continue to follow Him. 

This podcast is really  helping me see the direction I need to go, to get on track, follow Him.  That's God's heart for us all.

http://familyroommedia.com/Podcast/Podcast_051208.mp3

1 comment:

Rich said...

Ruth,

His working in our hearts is just that, His work, and it never seems to match what we think we stand in need of, never-the-less He continues to work often silently and undetected by our soulish radar :)

This learning Him is imo being done in the full aray of stuff, numbness, coldness, bright sun shinny days or whatever, nothing is being wasted.

So thrilled to see/hear how He is drawing you unto His heart.