Monday, January 28, 2008

More on Love as the Defining Factor

The intense love that He died to give you & I is so liberating! This is the defining factor in our relationship with the Lord, and, as I said in the prior post, with others within His family.

It seems the yearning in my heart these days is not because I am unsettled, but the opposite: it's because He has continued to settle me. One with Him. One in heart, purpose. He is the One who has been defining and redefining this immense love in my heart. I can't say how it has happened, I can't say how it has been directed; it seems to be beyond words to express the joy of His Love, and the freedom of His love. To know, without hesitation, His value, His worth, His love, as completely settled and expressed in one's heart. Though it feels at times beyond words to express, it's there, and more real than anything! Shaping not only our hearts, but in careful confident expression to others.

A love that has been defined carefully by our Saviour, can't help but weave it's way softly and carefully into the hearts of others within His family. Love has a way of expressing itself. Yet it has less to do with us, and more to do with the Saviour, giving and loving in us and expressing to others the same freeing love and care. It's like a circle. We are beholding our Jesus and sharing love on a level that He has made possible and that He is sustaining.

No comments: