Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Little More On $$

More on the line of the post a couple back (on Beth Moore and money) .. still thinking on that one, so bear with me, this post continues on that line.

I was just thinking how within the organized church, they keep track of the finances as in "donations" and "giving", then of course they issue a receipt that shows your "donations" and "giving" financially in terms of that organization... well ...

Just how does that whole concept fit within family? 

Does it even fit? 

What do you think?

Do you donate to your family?

Do you donate to your children?

Within our family, we "share" what we have, .. we don't "donate" ...

God's people should be the one's to decide within this "family" how and where to share with other members of the family. According to the need ...

Is Jesus trustworthy to meet the needs of who, when, and where? I think He is.

2 comments:

Bill Ferguson said...

Ruth, interesting and provocative. As I begin with a new ministry - Simple Church network - I've been thinking about $$. In the conventional church, we take offerings and indicate that they are donations. To think of them as sharing what we have in the family and even through the family to others, may put us closer to the witness of the church in its earliest days when they were all together and sharing with any who had need. You've got my wheels turning once again. Love to check in with your blog. I'd like to add it to my blog reference list for others to enjoy, too. Hope this is o.k.? Blessings, bf

Ruth said...

Hi Bill,
I am so glad you dropped by for sure. And really blessed that you were able to take away with you something to ponder about. Yes, please add my blog, and thanks for that. As I said before, I am really blessed by reading your blog also and peeking in at what God is doing in you and amongst those that you are gathering with. I am so thankful that with Jesus we are always looking and delighting in Him and enjoying His work in His people , it's such a priviledge to belong to Him and to be on this journey of really discovering what life is about as a part of His family!