Monday, December 24, 2007

Jesus, the Gift that gives

Out of all the gifts we have received over the years, and there are many, which ones do we
remember ? I grew up with parents who celebrated birthdays, Christmas with many exciting
gifts for us kids. It was always a thrill to know how much care they took in picking out just the right gift that would thrill us and be cherished for quite a while. I so appreciate my parents and the "givers" they are.

The one gift that is truly the Gift above all is Christ. I realize all the gifts I have ever received as wonderful and cherished and appreciated they were, (and they were) the true Gift that I cherish more than life itself, is Christ. He has given me a life that I never knew possible. He is the true Gift, and He gives and gives and gives. When we are at our lowest, deepest darkest points, He is always there to exchange our despair with His perfect love, peace, hope.

I think back to the years that I have known Him and I realize that the gift of Christ is truly a gift that I continue to receive moment by moment day by day. I will be celebrating Him with a ll my heart, not only today but days ahead. For I know that it is more than miraculous, to know Him and to live in this realm of the evidence of things which are hoped for and things unseen, this realm of faith, where all things are possible to them that believe. We love Him because He first loved us.

God love you and bless you more and more in His Son

No comments: